Progress Rail Services Corp. Locomotive Engine Mechanic II in Mayfield, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 2107BR
Posting Title: Locomotive Engine Mechanic II
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the engine department supervisor/manager. An engine mechanic working in dyno will inspect, take measurements and ensure reworked engine is meeting all specifications before qualifying and shipment to customer.
This position will most likely be on 3rd Shift.
Key Job Elements
• Differentiate between the DYNO run processes and operating processes consistently and accurately;
• Identify and troubleshoot 645 and 710 engines;
• Follow written/scope of work instructions and or QWI’s consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Use electric and air operated hand tools accurately and safely;
• Operate overhead cranes accurately and safely;
• Work with little or no supervision consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Operate rolling equipment (i.e tugger and forktruck) accurately and safely;
• Adhere to HAZMAT policies and procedures consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Read precision instruments and gauges accurately and safely;
• Keep work area clean and organized consistently and safely;
• Qualified as QA operator in electrical and water dyno processes.
Education / Training
• High School Education or GED required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience directly related to repairing, testing of mechanical component systems preferably relating to locomotive engines;
• Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of efficiency;
• Certified / Licensed Diesel, Automotive, Aircraft, Heavy Equipment or Farm Implements or 12 months experience as a mechanic;
• Must have basic computer skills;
• Must have strong Mechanical aptitude;
• Must have ability to read precision instruments, micrometers, and gauges accurately and safely.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities