Progress Rail Services Corp. Accounting Manager, Manufacturing Operations in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 1786BR
Posting Title: Accounting Manager, Manufacturing Operations
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Manage all aspects of accounting functions for a large manufacturing facility;
• Responsible to provide sales and earnings statements to assist leaders in making business decisions;
• Develop and maintain accounting compliance standards; develop appropriate reports; manage inventory controls.
Key Job Elements
• Monthly closing;
• Periodic financial reporting;
• Managing cost accounting functions;
• Project management.
Education / Training
• Bachelors in Accounting or Finance;
• CPA, CCA or CMA preferred;
• MBA a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3-5 years accounting management in an heavy manufacturing environment;
• Management of the cost accounting function;
• Attention to detail;
• Proven leadership skills;
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities