Progress Rail Services Corp. Welder in Sherman, Texas
Auto req ID: 1723BR
Posting Title: Welder
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• GMAW welding;
• Steel welding.
Education / Training
• High School diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• Prior welding experience and/or certification required;
• Must have experience with Mig welding;
• Must pass welding test;
• Must be able to stand in one place for an extended period of time;
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs repetitively as well as frequent twisting and bending to meet fast paced work demands;
• Work is performed inside/outside and applicant must be able to withstand all weather conditions;
• Ability to communicate effectively;
• Pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical required for employment.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities