Progress Rail Services Corp. Regional Maintenance Manager in Waskom, Texas
Auto req ID: 2069BR
Posting Title: Regional Maintenance Manager
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Alternative Work Location: This position would be located at one of several wheel shops throughout the United States
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Support preventative maintenance program at multiple facilities;
• Coordination of maintenance scheduling to reduce downtime while maintaining safe work practices;
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems and provide technical support to facility maintenance personnel;
• Direct and support employees to install, maintain, and repair equipment and machinery;
• Troubleshoot lathes, presses, conveyors, overhead cranes and other machinery;
• Direct the activities of outside contractors to maintain project schedules and ensure compliance with all internal and external regulations;
• Manage multiple maintenance projects across wheel, axle & bearing facilities.
Key Job Elements
• Highly preferable for candidate to be located in Waskom, TX.
Education / Training
• High school diploma and secondary education preferred or equivalent experience in maintenance management.
Qualifications and Experience
• Demonstrated aptitude in electrical, mechanical and hydraulic applications (both newer and older equipment desired);
• Ability to develop budgets and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Able to conduct oneself professionally and effectively engage, schedule, and coordinate contract labor;
• Must be willing to work flexible schedules/hours, and engage in significant domestic travel (90%);
• Must be a strong self-starter, able to work efficiently and effectively without immediate supervision;
• Proficient with personal laptop computer;
• Experience in metalworking/machining processes is a plus;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Strong “customer first” mindset (internal and external);
• High integrity, ethics, and a positive attitude.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities