Progress Rail Services Corp. Assembler in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 3900BR
Posting Title: Assembler
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Albertville, AL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Will be cross trained in different areas in the shop to be able to help wherever we may need it. Needs to be able to read a tape measure. Needs to have a safety minded work ethic.
Key Job Elements
• Assist the switch point finishing area with daily processes;
• Grinding, operating an impact wrench and doing inspection sheets;
• Must be able to read a tape measure;
• You also will have to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Education / Training
• On the job training will be provided.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must be able to read a tape measure down to the 16th;
• Must be able to operate a 9" grinder. be able to learn quickly and pay attention to detail;
• Good attendance record;
• Must be able to work around dust, grinding and welding fumes;
• Pre employment drug screen and criminal records and on-going random drug screening is a condition of employment.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities