Progress Rail Services Corp. Environmental, Health, & Safety Specialist in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 3560BR
Posting Title: Environmental, Health, & Safety Specialist
Job Category: Environmental/Health/Safety
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
An Environmental Health & Safety Specialist monitors activities and functions, ensures compliance and makes recommendations for improvement to ensure adherence to the established policies, procedures and requirements of the EHS functions for the facility. Must be well versed in OSHA regulations, particularly in an industrial environment.
Key Job Elements
• Performing all duties and responsibilities in compliance with Progress Rail EHS policies;
• Driving safety programs to reduce injuries;
• Performs EHS training, including SafeStart/ SafeTrack, Emergency Action Plan drills, New-Hire Orientation, Daily/ Weekly Toolbox Topics and specialized training such as forklifts, aerial lifts, cranes, etc.;
• Identifies existing & potential EHS problems and participates in developing corrective measures;
• Ensures compliance with organizational & government EHS standards (i.e. OSHA);
• Maintains data in EHS management systems PREMS/ PRACSNET;
• Handles regulatory inspections/ visits;
• Completes reports for submission to EPA, OSHA or other regulatory agencies
• Conducts thorough accident investigations, property damages, with follow up corrective action;
• Completes Self-Audits, J.S.A’s, P.P.E assessments.
Education / Training
• Bachelor's degree in Safety, Environmental Science or related field or equivalent experience with designated responsibilities in the safety/environmental field;
• OSHA training of 30 hours or more preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3+ years of EHS experience in an industrial environment;
• Proficient computer experience in Word, Excel, & PowerPoint;
• Strong written and oral presentation skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels, including company management, staff, contractor/vendors, and site personnel;
• 30 Hour OSHA training preferred;
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities