Progress Rail Services Corp. Inside Sales Representative in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 3835BR
Posting Title: Inside Sales Representative
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Assist in sales activity and forecasting for locomotive aftermarket parts. Growth track for this role is to eventually grow into Outside Sales / Account Executive.
Key Job Elements
• Provide weekly sales updates, including tracking of all opportunities;
• Provide marketing intelligence for current sales and future growth;
• Travel to customer sites and trade shows;
• Interface with PRS shops to stay abreast of projects ongoing ;
• Assist in warehousing of locomotive parts in PRS network of facilities;
• Interface with suppliers and vendors;
• Some travel to other Progress Rail locations
• Other duties requested by manager.
Education / Training
College Degree in Business, Marketing preferred; Non-degreed candidates may be considered based on related sales experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others;
• Self Driven and eager to meet and exceed personal and company goals;
• Account management or commercial sales experience in a related field such as heavy equipment parts and/or heavy vehicle parts;
• Ability to adapt to changing environment;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Strong listening and presentation skills;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively;
• General working knowledge of various Locomotive types preferred;
• Experience with selling locomotive aftermarket parts and locomotive repair services is a plus;
• Experience working with Infor LN and SAP preferred;
• Working knowledge of PC applications - Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities