Progress Rail Services Corp. IT Support Specialist in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4133BR
Posting Title: IT Support Specialist
Job Category: IT
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Solve basic, common user problems in real time, including software functionality; data communication/network troubleshooting and installation; PC and network configuration; operating systems and browser related issues.
Key Job Elements
• Prioritize production-critical issues and escalate issue(s) to the appropriate technical staff;
• Global incident routing including validation, processing, triage, routing decision points and assignment;
• General knowledge of translation websites;
• Domain maintenance;
• Webfilter/Internet/Firewall issues;
• Application maintenance (entry level);
• Hardware configuration (network & server);
• Sarbanes-Oxley reporting;
• Provide extra phone support and coverage, as needed;
• New device procurement, setup and configuration;
• Prepare statistical and data reports, including usage trends and analysis;
• Troubleshoot and accurately record caller’s requests/problems;
• Provide remote and on-site support to all staff;
• Actively involved in problem resolution, follow-up, testing, workarounds and equipment suggestions;
• Facilitate warranty claims and exchanges;
• Accurately record customer support issues in tracking system;
• Some travel to domestic facilities;
• Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
Education / Training
• A high school education or equivalent is required;
• 2 or 4 year college degree preferred. On the job training is available to otherwise qualified candidates.
Qualifications and Experience
• Basic networking experience with TCP/IP and Windows network;
• Basic system administration experience, Windows preferred;
• Familiar with Microsoft products, Linux, IBM, SAP.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
• Flexible, self-motivated and self-managing, with a strong sense of team and the ability to also work independently.
• 5+ years IT/Computer experience;
• Basic Microsoft Office experience, including Word and Excel;
• 2 year Technical degree or Microsoft certifications;
• Prior technical support/call center experience;
• CompTia A+ Certified;
• CompTia Network +.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities