Progress Rail Services Corp. Logistic Dispatcher in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 3296BR
Posting Title: Logistic Dispatcher
Job Category: Transportation & Logistics
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the Logistics Manager. The Logistics Specialist "Dispatcher" is responsible for the scheduling, dispatching, and coordinating of operation's commercial truck drivers.
Key Job Elements
• Provide guidance and oversight of DOT rules and regulation;
• Schedule and dispatch personnel along with vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer request and needs;
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with company drivers and customers;
• Work with operation's manager to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve conflicts within work group;
• Provide regular performance feedback to management and assist in setting and monitoring performance standards;
• Manage and plan route schedules considering the relative costs and benefits;
• Excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and manage workload;
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Other duties as needed.
Education / Training
• Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED);
Bachelor Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain Management is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5 years of prior experience in transportation/logistic field;
• Knowledge of transportation industry principles, rules, and regulations;
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel along with navigation maps and transportation software.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities