Progress Rail Services Corp. Maintenance Manager (Industrial and Heavy Equipment) in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 2717BR
Posting Title: Maintenance Manager (Industrial and Heavy Equipment)
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company and a leading provider of products and services to the Railroad industry in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, seeks a Maintenance Project Manager for our Recycling Division. The successful candidate will be responsible to drive reliability, implementation, and documentation of the preventative maintenance program.
Key Job Elements
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Oversee the continuous improvement of the maintenance organization;
• Develop and execute long-term strategic plans;
• Directly responsible for maintaining assets for correct functionality and safe working conditions;
• Keep assets properly productive and reliable;
• Achieve maximum productivity and yields;
• Drive equipment reliability by ensuring adherence to proper PM programs, completion of documentation for equipment, and inventory control along with accuracy;
• Engineer improvements to reduce overall downtime and reduce overall maintenance costs;
Education / Training
• Bachelor Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Engineering or related field preferred;
Qualifications and Experience
• Possess a minimum of 5+ years experience working in an industrial environment preferred;
• Prefer experience with heavy equipment in the Scrap, Recycling industry;
• Strong sense of urgency.
• Proven track record of success in a culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance;
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects, priorities, contractors, and the tasks of others.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities