Progress Rail Services Corp. Network Administrator in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 3882BR
Posting Title: Network Administrator
Job Category: IT
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Support the Information Technology Infrastructure for all PRS facilities.
Key Job Elements
• Ability to solve all levels of user problems in real time, including data communication/network troubleshooting, PC and network configuration; VPN, URL filtering, wireless networks, DNS, IPSEC, VOIP, Telco lines, operating systems and browser related issues;
• Travel to both domestic and international locations;
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve Telco and ISP related issues in real time;
• Prioritize production-critical issues and escalate issue(s) to the appropriate technical staff;
• Complete assigned tasks and normal duties with limited direct supervision;
• Assist in planning, design, documentation and implementation of various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, telephone, VOIP, video, DSL failover, firewalls, VPN and other network services.
• Develop, publish and adhere to standards, policies, and procedures;
• Sarbanes-Oxley compliance;
• Maintain network based applications /services to include customer / business required and infrastructure required applications;
• Have an understanding of and the ability to maintain LANs, VLANS, WANs, CBQOS, COS, network cabling, network communication protocols and other related networking equipment and services;
• Monitor and support network services virtualized environments such as VM Ware for (Ethernet, FCoE, QOS, COS, fabric switching, storage networks);
• Install, configure and support Microsoft and LINUX operating systems and environments;
• Have a understanding and the ability to support and maintain a backend infrastructure relating to and ERP system and associated web applications;
• Monitor and support network services for Active Directory and Exchange services;
• New system procurement, set up, configuration and installation;
• On-going maintenance, system checks, security set up and support for existing systems;
• Monitors and ensures success of backup processes;
• Actively involved in problem resolution, follow-up, testing, workarounds and equipment suggestions;
• Assist in the inventory of all hardware and software resources;
• Provide remote and on-site technical support;
• Provide emergency on-call support as needed;
• Facilitate warranty claims and exchanges;
• Other duties as assigned;
• Perform accurate and timely updates of tickets in the company tracking system.
Education / Training
• Information Technology related degree or 8+ year’s equivalent experience required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Customer interaction skills;
• Network experience to include LAN / WAN / firewall / VPN / VOIP / IPSEC / WAN transport (PPP, Frame, ATM) and TCP/IP networking protocol;
• Network device configuration, maintenance and support experience;
• Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS;
• Proven organization and communication skills;
• Ability and willingness to travel, work remotely and independently;
• Safety conscience.
• Cisco LAN switching and routing,, Cisco Call Manager / Call Manager Express;
• CCNP / CCDP / CCVP or equivalent work experience in a Cisco environment;
• SOX compliance experience;
• Experience with physical security and video surveillance systems;
• Experience with Cisco Digital Signage;
• VM Ware experience;
• Active Directory and Exchange services experience;
• Proven organization and communication skills;
• Experience working within a manufacturing / production environment requiring the use of PPE.
• Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds;
• Position requires a valid Driver’s License and applicant must be willing to travel domestically and internationally;
• Applicants must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing;
• Ideal candidates are flexible, self-motivated and self-managing, with a strong sense of team and the ability to also work independently.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities