Progress Rail Services Corp. Occupational Health Nurse in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4593BR
Posting Title: Occupational Health Nurse
Job Category: Environmental/Health/Safety
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Registered Nurse (RN), Occupational Health position serves Progress Rail Corporation, a Caterpillar Company, throughout our global footprint. The RN provides guidance to facilities, managers, supervisors, and employees related to work related injuries and various health related topics, provides case management, and performs various administrative functions within the health services group.
Key Job Elements
• Triage and phone consultation;
• Provide initial contact (phone or onsite) with injured worker, employer, provider and other appropriate stakeholders;
• Obtain history of present injury and triage to most appropriate level of care;
• Evaluate injury against current job functions, determine mechanism of injury, and collect related medical history;
• Provide guidance regarding self-care or first aid;
• Interact with Medical Services team, Human Resources, Health and Safety staff, local medical providers, TPA and other designated personnel for proper initiation and follow-up of possible work-related injuries and illnesses;
• FMLA leave and short-term disability case management;
• Clinical Care Services dealing with work-related and personal medical conditions;
• Working knowledge of Workers Compensation, Short-Term Disability, and FMLA;
• Responsible for managing return to work clearance for employees including ADA accommodation requests;
• Coordination of Health Fairs, Wellness Programs, Bloodborne Pathogen Program, AED/FA/CPR Programs;
• Responsible for hearing and vision screenings;
• Overseeing pre-employment and annual physicals;
• Case Management for work-related and personal cases;
• Health Assessment and Medical Surveillance;
• Medical Records Management;
• Maintain, review and record OSHA 300 log;
• Function as on-site nurse for local facilities;
• Order medical supplies.
Education / Training
• Degree in Nursing with current license as a RN to practice in the State of Alabama.
Qualifications and Experience
• 1-3 years previous occupational health experience preferred;
• Work comp and case management experience preferred;
• Maintain confidentiality of Health Records;
• BCLS certification required;
• Experience working EMR systems;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Great attention to detail;
• Ability to travel on demand - 10% plus travel expected;
• Sense of urgency/timeliness/responsiveness.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities