Progress Rail Services Corp. Regional Human Resources Manager in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4194BR
Posting Title: Regional Human Resources Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
Alternative Work Location: Albertville Corporate (Operations Center)
Progress Rail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is a total solutions provider of rolling stock and infrastructure products and services. We are a premier employer within the global rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With headquarters in Albertville, AL, more than 8,000 employees serve customers through a network of close to 200 worldwide locations, and as one of the most trusted providers of locomotive, freight car, transit, track and signal solutions, we are continually expanding our footprint.
Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to create value for and serve our customers with the best team.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com or follow us on twitter @Progress_Rail.
.Corporate Human Resources management position serving as a strategic business partner with Operations Leaders in multiple divisions. Responsible for management of the HR function at various localized facilities through coordination with Facility Managers and HR Reps. Fosters employee engagement by building good relationships with production employees and facility leaders.
Key Job Elements
• Support local operations in all aspects of HR;
• Emphasis on building positive work environment, improving engagement and retention;
• Work closely to train, guide and direct local HR Reps;
• Recruitment of hourly and salaried positions;
• Provide guidance on Company policies;
• Provide HR-related training for managers and employees;
• Coordinate discipline, coaching and terminations;
• Investigate and respond to employee concerns;
• Conduct Helpline Investigations as assigned;
• Organize and conduct new-hire orientations;
• Ensure proper use of HR systems such as HRIS, ATS, Performance Management;
• Up to 50% travel to assigned facilities;
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field;
• HR professional certification preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years HR management experience, preferably in Manufacturing;
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels;
• Strong knowledge of employment/labor regulations;
• Experience with promoting employee engagement
• Experience with Kenexa/BrassRing ATS preferred;
• Proficient in MS Office Suite;
• Intermediate MS Excel experience is essential to success;
• Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities