Progress Rail Services Corp. Sharepoint Administrator (K2) in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4080BR
Posting Title: Sharepoint Administrator (K2)
Job Category: IT
Alternative Work Location: Guntersville, AL or Albertville, AL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This position is a hands-on SharePoint developer/administrator position responsible for developing, designing, and maintaining organizational farm based on a defined set of design and project-oriented performance requirements. All work to be performed on customer site.
Key Job Elements
• Gathers customer requirements and plans for migration and redesign of SharePoint websites, and executes on those requirements, personally and by delegating tasks to team members.
• Meets with customers to schedule and update project status.
• Organizes staff meetings at the section level to communicate policy, procedures, and coordinate information sharing on projects between staff members.
• Mentors and trains team members to develop skills to provide high-level customer service per service level agreements.
• Provides status reports to and supports program initiatives of Project and Program Managers on a regular basis.
• Other assigned duties based on workload and business needs.
Education / Training
• Bachelors Degree, IT or related field preferred. Extensive experience or education in SharePoint may substitute for Bachelors Degree.
• MCITP equivalent (SharePoint) or Microsoft Certified SharePoint Solution Developer desired.
Qualifications and Experience
• 7+ years of IT experience in a web application environment.
• 3+ years of experience and proficiency in SharePoint.
• Experience developing and providing solutions to automate business process workflows in SharePoint using a variety of design/development tools (Designer, CSS, AJAX, ASP.net, C+, Visual Studio, InfoPath, JQuery, Java, XML, HTML).
• Experience migrating site functionality and content from MOSS to SharePoint 2016.
• Experience developing custom solutions for SharePoint using web parts with strong working knowledge of the SharePoint Object Model.
• Software development experience including Website design and development experience using Microsoft .NET, Visual Studio, JAVA Script, Web Services, etc.
• Experience designing, implementing, managing, monitoring, patching servers, troubleshooting, and best business practices in the SharePoint farm environments.
• Experience K2 BlackPearl Administration/Troubleshoting, 4.6.9, 4.7, 5.0, K2 Workflows, Form Development, K2 Cloud. [ preferred ]
• Experience understanding on how to use SharePoint ULS logging and Correlation ID's to be able to look up error logs.
• Strong working knowledge of SharePoint architecture patterns including all service applications at scale.
• Knowledge of storage, network, and server technologies related to SharePoint. SQL Server - operation, tuning, backup/recovery, and external data source connections.
• Ability to set work priorities according to customer requirements and organize staffing and other resources to effectively meet milestones and deadlines.
• Ability to communicate with a variety of people with varying levels of IT experience in a help-desk environment.
• Should have experience in establishing trusted connections, shared services between farms, and SharePoint APIs.
• Should know how to monitor and understand how SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 are integrated with SharePoint 2016.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting SharePoint search technologies
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities