Progress Rail Services Corp. Software Support Analyst (HCM Admin) in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4216BR
Posting Title: Software Support Analyst (HCM Admin)
Job Category: IT
Alternative Work Location: Guntersville, AL or Albertville, AL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Software Support Analyst, HCM Administrator, works under the general direction of the I.T. Support Manager and is responsible for the day to day administration, troubleshooting, maintenance and application support for the HCM & Payroll system and other various software applications in use at Progress Rail Services. This position is also responsible for maintaining applications and systems needed by the organization and ensure that they are fully functional and operating 24 X 7 X 365, providing rapid response and support to systems as needed and would provide the I.T. Manager with project updates and issue escalations.
Key Job Elements
• Setup, configure, and maintain PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 environments including but not limited to Production, Test, Development;
• Work closely with other IT analyst to coordinate update and enhancement migration between DEV/TEST/PROD in accordance to all Sarbanes-Oxley and Progress Rail requirements;
• Review, and apply updates to the PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM application using PUM architecture/methodology;
• Refresh production data into pre-production environments as needed;
• PeopleTools patches and upgrades;
• Basic Windows 2012/2016 server management;
• Escalate difficult problems to Oracle support;
• Ownership of data security, system health and performance;
• Responsible for disaster recovery documentation and testing;
• Elasticsearch administration related to the HCM solution;
• Work with developers & IT Analyst to successfully implement/troubleshoot all aspects of PeopleSoft HCM 9.2;
• Other duties and task as assigned by the I.T. Manager to ensure successful support of the Progress Rail business needs.
Education / Training
• Bachelor degree in CIS, MIS or related Technology field preferred or equivalent related work experience;
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.2 architecture including but not limited to PUM administration, PeopleTools 8.56+, Windows Server 2012/2016.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the implementation and/or support of information technology applications. Preferably directly related PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM administration, PeopleTools deployment, PUM architecture;
• Able to communicate professionally to both internal and external customers;
• Analytical mentality;
• Highly self-motivated with extreme care and attention to detail;
• Team player;
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently;
• Adapt to frequent changes in workload & priority as circumstances dictate.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities