Progress Rail Services Corp. System Administrator - Exchange and Active Directory in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4460BR
Posting Title: System Administrator - Exchange and Active Directory
Job Category: IT
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Supports and maintains the Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Windows Server and other applications by providing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, administration, account management and resolution of software and hardware issues as well as develop new system designs.
Key Job Elements
• Administer Azure Active Directory, Office 365 Exchange Online and related technologies;
• Install, secure, maintain, troubleshoot, administer and upgrade Microsoft Windows Server operating systems with all required server roles on assigned servers;
• Install, secure, maintain, troubleshoot, administer, and manage users in Microsoft Active Directory;
• Install, secure, maintain, troubleshoot, administer, and manage users in Microsoft Exchange including Exchange mail stores;
• Install, secure, maintain, troubleshoot, administer, manage users and upgrade other enterprise applications and systems as assigned;
• Participate in developing and maintaining backup and recovery procedures and processes;
• Maintain a Change Management log for changes made in the production environment;
• Assist other System Administrators as needed;
• Resolve Help Desk tickets as assigned.
Education / Training
• Two or four year degree in CIS, MIS, or other technology related field.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years of Microsoft Active Directory administration experience to include Active Directory 2008 or newer;
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Domain Name Service (DNS);
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Group Policy Objects (GPO);
• 5+ years of Microsoft Exchange administration experience to include Exchange 2010 or newer;
• Experience with Azure Active Directory, Office365 and Microsoft Intune;
• Experience with medium scale (5,000-10,000 users) MS Exchange environment;
• 5+ years of Microsoft Windows Server administration experience to include Windows Server 2008r2 or newer;
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory;
• Experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Operations Manager (SCOM) is a plus;
• 5+ years of hands-on experience building/deploying server hardware infrastructures with products for enterprise environments;
• The ability to administer and automate with PowerShell;
• A customer-oriented attitude and desire to help others succeed;
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills;
• The ability to work independently and with teams;
• Integrity that communicates a sense of mission, leadership, and ability to self-start;
• Committed to providing quality customer service;
• A demonstrated positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and managing projects;
• Microsoft or other widely recognized technology certifications.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities