Progress Rail Services Corp. Environmental Specialist in Amarillo, Texas
Auto req ID: 3864BR
Posting Title: Environmental Specialist
Job Category: Environmental/Health/Safety
Alternative Work Location: Amarillo, TX
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The purpose of this position is to oversee all aspects of industrial environmental compliance and promote continues improvement.
Key Job Elements
• Oversee the facilities environmental programs, procedures, and processes;
• Provide regulatory support, training and reporting to ensure compliance and environmental protection in accordance with all applicable and up to date federal, state and local laws;
• Develop and maintain spill prevention controls, hazardous waste removal and all other environmental processes;
• Conduct facility compliance audits and training;
• Drive corrective action and continues improvement;
• Assist the EHS Manager in other duties as needed.
Education / Training
• Bachelors degree in Environmental Science or related field preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• This position requires a minimum of 3 years experience in an Environmental Safety related field;
• Must have working knowledge of chemical management system;
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and capable of self checking for completeness and accuracy;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required;
• Qualified candidates must be self- motivated, driven by results and possess strong communication skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities