Progress Rail Services Corp. Field Service Technician in Amarillo, Texas
Auto req ID: 3363BR
Posting Title: Field Service Technician
Job Category: Engineering
Alternative Work Location: Kansas City, MO
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Engineering Tech to work on customer sites on railroads.
Key Job Elements
• Troubleshooting and startup of new welding systems both mobile and at fixed plant locations;
• Repairs to the mobile welding fleet located throughout the North American continent;
• Start up and training of personnel on welding systems;
• Training personnel on operating, mobile welding equipment;
• Aiding with design improvements to existing welding systems.
**Must live in the Kansas City surrounding area OR be willing to relocate to the the Kansas City surrounding area.
Education / Training
• Technical Degree preferred in related fields of Welding;
• Technology, Electronics, Hydraulics, or Automotive Design and Repair, or equivalent experience to equal an Associates Degree.
Qualifications and Experience
• Two to three years of experience in the industrial work environment, along with a background in troubleshooting of electrical power circuits, ranging from 10 volts to 600 volts;
• Previous experience working with programmable logic controllers (PLC) and electro mechanical devices such as motor starters, relays, transformers, or power distribution centers preferred;
• Understanding of and experience with hydraulic pumps, cylinders, valves, and pressure relief devices;
• Ability to work from JIC Electrical schematics and Hydraulic schematics;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, along with ability to communicate with all levels of employees;
• Must be able to travel at least 30% of the time;
• The ability to obtain a valid passport;
• Must have positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Pay commensurate with experience.
Progress Rail offers an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Position employment status may affect benefits eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities