Progress Rail Services Corp. Maintenance Mechanic in Amarillo, Texas
Auto req ID: 4417BR
Posting Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Amarillo, TX
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The purpose of this position is to ensure all plant equipment, machinery, tools, vehicles and buildings are maintained and fully operational.
Key Job Elements
• Maintain equipment according to Preventative Maintenance program;
• Perform emergency/reactive repairs of production equipment and machinery minimizing downtime;
• Diagnose and repair mechanical problems, replace or repair parts to mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components;
• Respond to work orders and complete maintenance and inspection documentation;
• Comply with all plant safety policies and environmental regulations;
• Other duties as assigned by Management.
Education / Training
• High School diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• Prior experience in an industrial maintenance field preferred;
• Must be knowledgeable in a multitude of equipment repair and maintenance such as forklifts, overhead cranes and air compressors;
• Qualified candidates must have basic computer skills with of working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
• Must posses strong problem solving skills with a focus on continues improvement;
• Willingness to learn new techniques, processes and procedures;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with internal customers as well as vendors;
• Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities