Progress Rail Services Corp. Material Planner in Amarillo, Texas
Auto req ID: 3987BR
Posting Title: Material Planner
Job Category: Purchasing
Alternative Work Location: Amarillo, TX
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• The overall purpose of this position is to secure and maintain parts, supplies and equipment for repair and maintenance of railcars.
Key Job Elements
• Clearly communicating with internal and external suppliers, and customers;
• Working closely with management, estimating and production team members to provide accurate and timely parts procurement;
• Researching parts and components based on work orders, customer specifications and regulatory requirements;
• Entering and tracking information using ERP system.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• Qualified candidates must be self- motivated, driven by results and possess strong communication skills;
• Prior knowledge of AAR, FRA and rail car parts and components a strong plus;
• A minimum of 2 years procurement related experience with working knowledge of ERP software preferred but not required;
• Candidates must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities