Progress Rail Services Corp. Welder /Mechanic in Amarillo, Texas
Auto req ID: 2800BR
Posting Title: Welder /Mechanic
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Amarillo, TX
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The purpose of this position is to repair, modify, maintain and perform compliance testing to railcars.
Key Job Elements
• Remove and replace parts and components of railcars using a variety of methods including but not limited to welding, cutting torches, impacts, grinders and hand tools.
Qualifications and Experience
• Railcar repair experience not required but must be mechanically inclined;
• Prior experience working in an industrial environment is preferred;
• Must be able to use general hand tools and other equipment such as impacts, cutting torches and grinders;
• Welding experience highly preferred;
• Must be able to work at elevated heights and in confined spaces.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities