Progress Rail Services Corp. Custodian in Arab, Alabama
Auto req ID: 3817BR
Posting Title: Custodian
Job Category: Facilities
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, and removing trash;
• Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities and notifying management of need for repairs;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Key Job Elements
• Pick up trash and replace with trash liners
• Vacuum, mop, strip and wax, and sweep all floor areas
• Dust, wall spot, clean all glass, polish, sanitizes all areas.
• Wash, clean, wipe down, sponge, rinse, scour and disinfect all Break-room, Locker-room and Restroom areas
• Note and report all areas in need of repair and any hazardous condition requiring correction.
• Adhere to all safety rules and requirements and all policies and procedures
Education / Training
• Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
•janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities