Progress Rail Services Corp. Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Arab, Alabama
Auto req ID: 3729BR
Posting Title: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of all shop equipment and machines.
Key Job Elements
• Maintenance on lathes, mills, conveyors, overhead hoist, gear boxes, hydraulic and pneumatics systems, 480 volt electrical 3 phase equipment, PLC troubleshooting, welding, etc.;
• Keep all equipment operational to ensure no production interruptions;
• Focus on continuous improvements to increase reliability and productivity of machines;
• Track equipment downtime;
• Collect data for new vendor setup;
• Order all maintenance parts necessary for daily repairs and large projects;
• Installation of new equipment;
• Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled;
• Fill out work orders correctly.
Education / Training
• Prefer High School education or equivalent;
• Minimum 2 years mechanical troubleshooting/repair experience, may consider Associates Degree in a maintenance related field.
Qualifications and Experience
• Good understanding of electrical maintenance required;
• Must have completed understanding of work practices;
• Able to multi-task and work with minimal supervision;
• Previous machining experience preferred;
• Welding experience preferred;
• Ability to read precision gauges and instruments;
• Ability to read and understand mechanical maintenance manuals;
• Experience with AC/DC machine drives;
• Able to interact with production and scheduling supervision and machine operators.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities