Progress Rail Services Corp. QA Inspector (Yoke&Coupler) in Boaz, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4351BR
Posting Title: QA Inspector (Yoke&Coupler)
Job Category: Quality & Reliability
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Quality support of production shop.
Key Job Elements
• Inspect in process and finished product to ensure both meet internal and external customer requirements;
• Reporting and entering data analytics in database;
• Fallout and accuracy reporting;
• Lead certification/audit efforts and ensure conformance with applicable quality standards;
• Monitor and oversee gage calibration;
• Responsible for calculating and inputting Built In Quality (BIQ) results;
• Performing repeatability and reliability processes on cone bore gauge machine;
• Other quality-related duties as assigned and needed.
Education / Training
• High School education;
• Minimum 2 experience in Quality Assurance; may consider an Associate’s Degree in lieu of related experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience inspecting and/or testing parts and finished goods for defects, weaknesses, or imperfections that do not meet industry standards by utilizing calibration tools and gages;
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quality assurance documents and instructions.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities