Progress Rail Services Corp. Reconditioning Tech, Bearing in Boaz, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4362BR
Posting Title: Reconditioning Tech, Bearing
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Dissemble, wash, inspect, repair, assemble bearings and components.
Key Job Elements
• Works with new and used railroad bearings;
• Duties encompass running lathes, grinders, bearings;
• Operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
Education / Training
• High School education or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• Prefer 3-6 months experience as machine operator, will consider equivalent school/ training;
• Must be able to perform quality inspections;
• Read precision instruments and gauges;
• Capable use of hand tools;
• Work around overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Work as an effective team member;
• Working safely is a condition of employment.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities