Progress Rail Services Corp. Signal Engineering Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Auto req ID: 4114BR
Posting Title: Signal Engineering Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Alternative Work Location: Boston, MA
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Progress Rail is looking for an experienced signal engineer to help grow our presence on the East Coast. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the signal design of various transit and freight projects and be a key point of contact with our customers and transit authorities on the East Coast.
Key Job Elements
• Develop, review, and stamp complex signal circuit designs and software;
• Create and test complex software for signal systems;
• Perform design calculations, including headway analysis, safe braking, and power draw;
• Assist in the creation of cost estimates for signal engineering, material, installation, and testing;
• Write and review technical proposals for signaling projects;
• Meet with customers to review technical details of the project;
• Lead the factory and field testing of signal systems;
• Mentor and train junior engineers.
Education / Training
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• 15+ years of signal system design experience with a diverse knowledge of systems and equipment;
• Professional Engineer License;
• Experience with transit systems including: train to wayside control systems, CAB systems, power frequency track circuits, audio frequency track circuits;
• Experience with communication systems including: vital and non-vital fiber communication, radio communication, train to wayside communication, and positive train control;
• Experience with grade crossing warning systems including: predictors, DC track starts, solid state crossing controllers, and grade crossing warning devices;
• Must be able to work independently and within a team;
• Understanding of FRA, FTA, and AREMA rules and guidelines;
• Ideally located in/near Boston, MA
Progress Rail offers an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Position employment status may affect benefits eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities