Progress Rail Services Corp. Service Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3398BR
Posting Title: Service Engineer
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Customer Engineering Quick Response Team is responsible for working with different Field Service teams – both domestic and international – to understand reliability, serviceability, and/or nuisance issues which affect locomotives currently operating in service for a multitude of customers. This team is tasked with developing and implementing containment solutions to address those issues to quickly mitigate any degradation in locomotive/fleet performance. The intent of this team is to effectively be a stop gap for issues found in the field until the Design Engineering team determines the root cause of the issue and develops a permanent, production intent corrective action.
Key Job Elements
• Collaborate with Field Service teams and customer reps to understand issues affecting fleets;
• Design and develop containment solutions for fleet issues;
• Develop modification instructions for containment solutions;
• Collaborate with suppliers and purchasing to procure parts;
• Develop and implement Field Tests to validate containment solution;
• Utilize Siemens Unigraphics NX to design 3D models and create 2D drawings.
• Design and develop continuous improvement modifications for locomotive fleets;
• Provide feedback on troubleshooting guides, maintenance/installation procedures and practices, and other technical documents;
• Coordinate with Design Engineering on root cause and permanent corrective action investigations as necessary;
• Special assignments as needed.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or equivalent experience).
Qualifications and Experience
• Proficiency in 3D modeling and 2D drawing creation using Computer Aided Design;
• Understanding of manufacturing principles;
• Willingness to perform hands-on work in a locomotive shop environment;
• Ability to read and understand technical documents such as electrical and mechanical schematics, troubleshooting guides, maintenance manuals, etc.;
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
• Basic locomotive knowledge.
Other Desired Skills
• Understanding of Design for Manufacturing principles;
• Prior Locomotive Design or Service experience;
• Understanding of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing;
• Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and working on mechanical and electrical systems – particularly in a shop environment;
• Ability to manage multiple projects of differing priority and complexity at the same time;
• Ability to travel up to 50% – both domestically and internationally.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities