Progress Rail Services Corp. Carman II in Corbin, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4457BR
Posting Title: Carman II
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• This position is responsible for assisting with general railcar repair operations and for performing regular housekeeping and maintenance functions.
Key Job Elements
• Assist with various railcar repair jobs in assigned areas such as welding, painting/blasting, cleaning, and valve repair;
• Obtain materials, tools, parts, and equipment for rail-car shop personnel;
• Perform regular housekeeping duties as assigned;
• Assist with performing routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs of equipment and machinery.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred;
• 0-2 years’ relevant experience required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have valid Driver's License;
• Must pass DOT Physical;
• Must meet company requirements to be an insured Driver;
• Has developed skills through formal training or considerable work experience;
• Works within established procedures;
• Completes work with a moderate degree of supervision;
• Ability to travel within 150-200 miles of work location as necessary;
• Ability to be flexible with schedule based on business needs.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities