Progress Rail Services Corp. Electrician in Corbin, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4039BR
Posting Title: Electrician
Job Category: Hourly/Skilled Trades
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
As an Electrician, you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing electrical systems in the shop and equipment in an industrial setting. You will report to the Plant Manager.
Key Job Elements
• Read and interpret electrical, mechanical and architectural drawings, specifications, and applicable codes to determine wiring layouts;
• Position, maintain and install distribution and control equipment such as switches, relays, circuit breaker panels and fuse enclosures;
• Install, replace, maintain and repair electrical systems and related electrical equipment;
• Install data cabling;
• Splice, join and connect wire to form circuits;
• Test circuits to ensure integrity and safety;
• Install and maintain fiber optic systems and;
• Install, replace, maintain and repair electrical generation sources and related equipment.
Education / Training
• High School Degree or GED equivalent preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3 years of electrical experience required (industrial preferred);
• Licensed electrician preferred;
• Understand the importance of safety on the job and be familiar with OSHA regulations;
• Strong troubleshooting abilities;
• Willingness to follow work rules and procedures especially in regards to safety, quality and attendance;
• Lock-out / tag-out background;
• an aptitude for mathematics;
• mechanical ability, strength and manual dexterity;
• the ability to distinguish colors to work with color-coded wiring;
• the ability to work at heights;
• the ability to use proper lifting techniques for weights up to 50lbs;
• the ability to pass E-rail background verification and DOT drug test;
• The role may involve additional responsibilities and opportunities as they become necessary and/or are assigned by management.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities