Progress Rail Services Corp. Engineering Assistant in Corbin, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4068BR
Posting Title: Engineering Assistant
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Product Launch Specialist is an integral part of our launch operations, serving as a liaison between the Operations group and Product/Process Engineering. The Product Launch Specialist helps to ensure that new orders are successfully released into production by effectively planning, coordinating and communicating with the appropriate parties.
Key Job Elements
• Participate in product and process reviews;
• Coordinate and create documentation, launch and training material;
• Understand and communicate the station release dates;
• Communicate critical release information to key stakeholders;
• Establish and deliver key messages and talking points in collaboration with product engineers and management;
• Ensure launch notes and other crucial details are properly communicated.
Education / Training
• Bachelor of Science is highly desired for this role;
• Lean Manufacturing Training desired.
Qualifications and Experience
• High degree of creativity and problem solving ability;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Deep understanding of locomotive assembly processes;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities