Progress Rail Services Corp. Manufacturing Engineer in Corbin, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4167BR
Posting Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Manufacturing Engineer main focus will be the optimization of the production line by continuously improving the process and the design of new structures for locomotive orders by following closely the fabrication of the components in production. The Manufacturing engineer will also develop the programs for CNC equipment and robotic welding as well as solve engineering issues encounter in production by trouble shooting mechanical and electrical issues and recording the changes using MCR’s (Manufacturing Change Requests), evaluate tooling needs, evaluate man power requirements. The Manufacturing engineer will work closely with all teams within the facility as well as product and design engineering.
Key Job Elements
• Lead the optimization of the production process and design for the orders, tooling needs, validation of the process sequence, man power requirements);
• Ensure that safety, efficiency, productivity and quality are the prime focus;
• Identify opportunities for process improvement through the collection and analysis of performance data as well as feedback from all the levels within the organization;
• Review and validate routings with production before line start and during production;
• Troubleshoot any design or manufacturing issue encounter in the production line;
• Write the MCR’s to implement the solutions of engineering and manufacturing issues;
• Work closely with product and design engineering to resolve issues and implement manufacturing and design improvements for current and future orders;
• Contribute with ideas for continuous improvement and work as part of a team to develop the projects;
• Help to construct a team work environment and a positive attitude with other teams including Safety, Quality, Tooling Engineering, Welding Engineering, Production and Materials.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical);
• Lean Manufacturing experience;
• Welding process.
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong production process and design trouble shooting skills;
• Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement experience;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience with various software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project, team Center, UG, SAP, CNC knowledge;
• Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills;
• 5+ years previous experience in heavy manufacturing;
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse workforce;
• High dependability with a strong work ethic and commitment to deadlines.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities