Progress Rail Services Corp. Painter in Corbin, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4365BR
Posting Title: Painter
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Must be able to tape up parts, sand parts and prep ready for painting.
Key Job Elements
• Frequent walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching;
• Ability to operate hand and power tools and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions;
• Work outside and inside; on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, ladders, and scaffolding; and around machinery with moving parts;
• Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, excessive noises, fumes, and toxic chemicals.
Education / Training
• High school diploma/GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• Knowledge of equipment, materials, methods, practices, and tools used in painting trade;
• Ability to properly apply paints;
• Knowledge of and ability to mix paint to match colors;
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
• Ability to work independently;
• Ability to use a computerized maintenance management system for work order process;
• Two years experience in painting field.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities