Progress Rail Services Corp. Purchasing Assistant in Corbin, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4366BR
Posting Title: Purchasing Assistant
Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Organize, maintain and compare quotes from multiple sources;
• Prepare and request quotes from vendors;
• Review daily purchasing needs;
• Follow up with vendors regarding back orders, receipts and delivery issues;
• Expedite orders, pull orders and help organize the purchasing process.
Key Job Elements
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
• Desire to grow within an organization;
• Understanding of manufacturing environment.
Education / Training
• High School diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• Ability to coordinate projects and meet deadlines;
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
• Ability to analyze data and identify root causes;
• Capable of working both independently and as part;
of a team to provide superior customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers;
• Must be detailed oriented and well organized.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities