Progress Rail Services Corp. Quality Assurance Inspector in Corbin, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4128BR
Posting Title: Quality Assurance Inspector
Job Category: Hourly/Skilled Trades
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Quality Inspector role involves day-to-day product and process audits that monitor production activities and generate performance data. This also includes collecting and maintaining build records and documentations while rotating through the facility to build broad product knowledge.
Key Job Elements
• Conduct product audits/inspections on major subassemblies and final products during and after production has completed their operations to see if the unit meets specifications and needs of fitness for use;
• Conduct in-process monitoring while product is being assembled and recording the associated defect data;
• Provide audit coverage and complete audit summaries for review with Quality Supervisor and distribution;
• Complete documentation requirements; e.g. Change Control, Height Sheets, Weights, Unit Folders, Inspection Records;
• Act as a resource for problem–solving within departments;
• Perform Quality System audits;
• Maintain weld and crimp monitoring and sampling program;
• Obtain all necessary documentation required to do in-process monitoring and audit functions; e. g inspection plans, routings, prints, customer contracts, etc.
Education / Training
• High School Degree or equivalent required.
Qualifications and Experience
• 2 years of Quality Inspection experience required;
• Ability to read engineering drawing;
• Specific knowledge in core manufacturing process areas (welding, mechanical, electrical, paint);
• Ability to look up, read, understand and interpret assembly instructions, prints, drawings or other documentation;
• Interpret measurements, read measuring devices (gauges, calipers, etc.);
• Make mathematical calculations;
• Computer proficiency with MS Office applications, to enter, manipulate and graph data;
• Collaborate and interact effectively with a variety of other team members (assemblers, engineers, managers);
• Adaptability to confidently move from one task to another in a positive manner;
• Problem-solving abilities; identifying process problems and non-conformances;
• Strong teamwork and verbal communication skills; able to point out errors in a constructive manner;
• Demonstrate initiative and work ethic to work unsupervised and initiate action when required;
• Continuous improvement-minded.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities