Progress Rail Services Corp. Truck Driver in Corbin, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4230BR
Posting Title: Truck Driver
Job Category: Transportation & Logistics
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This position will require operating within the lower 48 states, driving oversized loads.
Key Job Elements
• Driving drop deck truck with an oversized load;
• Securing freight to drop deck flatbed trailer with tarps, chains, binders, and straps;
• Reading maps and planning trips;
• Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections on equipment;
• Completing driver's paperwork (logs, trip reports, DVIR's etc.);
• Scheduling maintenance of equipment with the shop.
• Ability to climb onto trailer;
• Operate OTR equipment safely;
• Bind and secure loads.
Education / Training
• Class A CDL license, required;
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have at least 2 years of recent OTR verifiable tractor trailer experience (Low boy and Drop deck flatbed preferred);
• Compliance with state and federal DOT rules and regulations;
• Engaging personality with a stable work history;
• Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and customers;
• Attention to detail with driver's paperwork;
• Prefer a current TWIC;
• Be able to climb onto and down from the trailer;
• Possess sufficient strength to tie down a load properly.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities