Progress Rail Services Corp. Plant Manager (Freight Car) in Covington, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 2921BR
Posting Title: Plant Manager (Freight Car)
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Plant Manager is responsible for general supervision of all phases of plant operations including: safety, production, quality control, maintenance, and administration.
Key Job Elements
• Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility;
• Supervision of management staff including Production Manager, QA, EHS,HR, Purchasing, and administrative support staff;
• Manage operation expenses and strive to be a low cost producer;
• Maintain and support a superior safety program;
• Analyze workforce requirements;
• Assume P&L responsibility including the development and achievement of budgetary goals to ensure the long-term viability of the facility;
• Allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals;
• Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment;
• Maintain and develop customer relationships;
• Verify compliance with all legal and company standards;
• Serve as emergency coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
• 8-10 years of prior supervisory experience in manufacturing is required, preferred high volume repair or welding shop;
• Knowledge of freight car repair & paint/blast operations including regulatory requirements;
• Welding and mechanical experience required;
• Ability to solve issues and improve efficiency;
• Excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and manage workload;
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn new software;
• Read precision instruments and gauges;
• Understand blueprints and technical drawings.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities