Progress Rail Services Corp. Laborer / Rail Grinding in Danvers, Illinois
Auto req ID: 4046BR
Posting Title: Laborer / Rail Grinding
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Danvers, IL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Entry level position;
• Operation of overhead cranes, forklifts, drills, and finish grinders;
• Use of tape measure and read blueprints;
• Use of various hand tools for long periods of time on a daily basis;
• Maintain quality and production standards;
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Key Job Elements
• Monday - Thursday 6am - 4:30pm; Fridays 6AM - 2:30PM Saturdays as required -- 40+ work week
Education / Training
GED or High School Diploma desired.
Qualifications and Experience
• Able to read a tape measure to a 32nd inch;
• Good attention to detail;
• Able to read basic blue prints;
• Good attendance;
• Able to work overtime as necessary;
• Must be able to work outside in various climates;
• 1 year manufacturing experience preferred;
• Pre-employment drug screen and criminal records check, and on-going random drug screening are conditions of employment.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities