Progress Rail Services Corp. Account Executive (Parts and Repair Sales) in Denver, Colorado
Auto req ID: 3395BR
Posting Title: Account Executive (Parts and Repair Sales)
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Alternative Work Location: North Eastern Colorodo or Western Nebraska
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Location: North Eastern Colorodo or Western Nebraska
Represent Progress Rail/EMD in contacting customers, within a defined territory regarding product service difficulties, causes and corrections. Work involves considerable amount of creativity, perception, and initiative with wide latitude for independent action.
Key Job Elements
• Deliver results, Achieve and Exceed revenue and margin goals
• Lead sales activity for railcar/locomotive aftermarket parts and railcar/locomotive repair services to maximize market share
• Serve as prime interface between Parts Account Manager to Customer and internal departments to lead and resolve issues or concerns
• Develop and use customer profiles
• Develop and implement effective sales strategies and presentations
• Provide marketing intelligence for current sales and future growth
• Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to understand and anticipate their needs
• Provide weekly sales updates, including tracking of all opportunities
• Travel to customer sites
• Participate in trade shows;
• Support post-sales activities including product delivery, customer follow-up, and A/R collection.
• Develop long and short range sales forecasts
• Coordinate sales activity with end product sales and service efforts
• Provide direction for material planning and customer service efforts
• Organize, plan, and prioritize effectively
• Promote a positive corporate image
• Develop appropriate skills and obtain knowledge required to promote and sell products and services
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degrees in engineering or business or equivalent
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience with commercial sales and service; selling railcar/locomotive aftermarket parts and railcar/locomotive repair services
• Ability to think strategically and adapt to changing market conditions
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• High level of analytical ability to assess, identify and facilitate alternate courses of action to mitigate project risk
• Working knowledge of internal departments and relationships
• Assertive leadership for directing sales efforts and support requirements
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of PC applications - Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint
• Understand car shops maintenance plus sales for shortline/industrial sales 2 + years’ experience
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities