Progress Rail Services Corp. Locomotive Fleet Manager, Intermediary Tech Support in Fort Worth, Texas
Auto req ID: 3818BR
Posting Title: Locomotive Fleet Manager, Intermediary Tech Support
Job Category: Service
City: Fort Worth
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for managing the maintenance of locomotive fleets for a region. Requires a number of technical duties utilizing a considerable amount of creativity and perception with a wide latitude for independent action.
Key Job Elements
• Manage locomotive maintenance facilities and programs for efficiently maintaining a pool of locomotives for maximum availability/reliability;
• Select and develop a skilled workforce and operations group to safely maintain the locomotive pool;
• Develop, analyze, and implement programs and policies particular to the maintenance facility;
• Ensure compliance with quality/cost/schedule requirements;
• Interpret and evaluate data and make recommendations to divisional management relative to the maintenance facility;
• Represent division to customers and communicate in a professional manner, resolve customer emergencies;
• Maintain facility/comply with all railroad safety rules and policies;
• Ensure all governmental agency inspection requirements and/or procedures are accounted for and documented;
• Manage and direct the efforts of others;
• Administer and perform performance calculations of applicable maintenance contract;
• Prepare and maintain accurate reports detailing facility and locomotive performance records;
• Administer the Performance Planning and Development Process;
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with, "Our Values in Action, Caterpillar's Code of Conduct;"
• Manage Engine Reliability program and work with customer to determine failure dispositions;
• Travel 10 - 25%.
Education / Training
• BS in Business or Engineering or equivalent.
• MBA or Masters in Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience
• High level of 6-sigma/data-analysis knowledge;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Working knowledge of SAP;
• High Level of locomotive product and maintenance knowledge;
• High level of demonstrated analytical ability;
• Demonstrated experience in running a business unit with P/L responsibility;
• Excellent planning and organizing skills;
• Proven knowledge of railroad operations at both staff and field levels;
• Previous experiences managing locomotive technical representatives;
• Ability to travel.
• Broad knowledge of Locomotive operations.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities