Progress Rail Services Corp. Dev Ops Engineer in Ft. Worth, Texas
Auto req ID: 4155BR
Posting Title: Dev Ops Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
City: Ft. Worth
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for building infrastructure to support the development and deployment of AI solutions in a railway environment. Reports to the Director of Operations to balance high availability, security, and cost effectiveness requirement from the customer and the business.
The ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter, strong attention to details, with excellent written and verbal skills. Enjoys working in a collaborative, fast-paced, environment. Technical aptitude and being well versed in the cloud technologies and AI infrastructure is a must. The role will work closely with the Engineering and IT teams to develop requirements and deploy systems. The ideal candidate will have a mindset geared towards automation and efficiency, coupled with a strong technical background including solid LINUX systems administration, cloud services management, and scripting / programming.
Additionally, the role will offer the opportunity to research and implement new technologies where required to improve efficiency.
This is a full time position working in the Progress Rail Fort Worth, TX or Albertville, AL office. There might be an opportunity to work remotely for the right candidate.
Key Job Elements
• Develop infrastructure as code on AWS using best practices and implementations for non-production and production environments;
• Develop integrations from all data sources (structure/unstructured) to refine, clean, transform and apply through various channels;
• Architect and apply Micro-Service and Containerization (Docker / Kubernetes) concepts and strategies (Lambda Architecture) to solution/cloud deployments;
• Work with engineering to automate pipelines for analytics and deep business insights from available data sets;
• Support the engineering server configuration including the installation and maintenance of Git server, Enterprise Architect, and configuration Jenkins or Bamboo;
• Improve infrastructure development and application development;
• Provide system documentation as needed: including architectural diagrams, process and data flowcharts;
• Design with corporate IT an secure and efficient way to deploy and update tactical software;
• Design with corporate IT the disaster recovery procedures, participate in DR dry runs, automate steps wherever possible, ensure compliance and respond to audits;
• Follow all best practices and procedures as established by corporate IT and negotiate exceptions as needed.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering, software engineering, or related field.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience building and maintaining cloud infrastructure;
• Experience with servers, virtualization, and hypervisors;
• Strong understanding of Linux administration and security;
• Experience in Software Defined Networking (Firewalls, NAT, Routing, ipTables, and etc.);
• Experience with API scripting;
• Understanding of authentication & authorization services, Identity & Access Management;
• Experience in in Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages;
• Solid scripting skills, ability to troubleshoot complex solutions and derive a resolution plan;
• Full stack - comfortable moving up and down the technology stack;
• Craftsmanship and understanding of trade-offs between fast agile prototyping and waterfall deployment;
• 5+ years experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field;
• 2+ years experience with software development, infrastructure development;
• Experience Artificial Intelligence infrastructure is a plus;
• AWS Experience/Certification is a plus;
• Docker Experience/Certification is a plus;
• Experience with Startup is a plus.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities