Progress Rail Services Corp. Director of Operations (Software Deployment) in Ft. Worth, Texas
Auto req ID: 4154BR
Posting Title: Director of Operations (Software Deployment)
Job Category: Engineering
City: Ft. Worth
Responsible for software deployment and integration at the customer. Reports to the General Manager for Advanced Rail Technology to meet and exceed the customer requirements for innovative, practical, and highly functional systems for the railroad industry.
Key Job Elements
The Director of Operations & SW deployment supports the Advanced Rail Technology projects:
• For projects in the development stage, the DOSD coordinates with the SW Engineering Director and the Technology Director to ensure the product roadmaps and the release plans are aligned to engineering level resourcing and task plans. He/she also supports engineering with operational functions (project management, testing/IT coordination, purchasing, etc.).
• For projects in the deployment stage, the DOSD is responsible for managing the customer-facing work-streams required to deploy the core product in the railroad (configuration, operational requirements, changes), planning and tracking functions (financial, capacity, project), and other activities (e.g. customer service, training, admin, etc.).
The DOSD will deploy and manage railway systems projects in operation both in the United States and abroad with travel of up to 25%.
This role requires the ability to hire and manage a team of high performers to support the customer deployments.
• Project management in an agile environment including scoping, estimating, managing, and reporting on epics and sprints;
• Quality management of the project and building a team to support it;
• Development Operation (DevOps) engineering and coordination with corporate IT;
• Project operation including purchasing, lab set up, supplier management, coordination of lab/field tests, etc.
Education / Training
• BS or BA in Management, Business, Engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree is a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years of product or operation leadership preferably in a technical field;
• 10+ years of project or product management in a technical field;
• Startup experience is a plus;
• Railroad experience is a plus;
• Military experience is a plus.
Results Orientation – The ideal candidate would have demonstrated the ability to work in a software development organization of a high-growth software company, while providing project management insights, analyses, and trade-offs.
Detailed and Organized – The ideal candidate would have demonstrated strong organizational and project management skills and working with detailed information/reporting from modern development tools. The DOSD will have shown the ability to generate deliverables that provide insights into the organization’s capacity and demand, identify and manage risk, support early detection of project execution issues, and provide fact-based information and analyses to various stakeholders.
Able to Multi-task – The ideal candidate would have demonstrated the ability to multi-task across multiple strategic work-streams and deliverables, spanning financial planning, capacity planning, and project planning/execution.
Technical Aptitude – The ideal candidate would have relevant experience or education in a software development environment with good fluency in current technologies.
Strong communications and people skills – The ideal candidate would have demonstrated the ability to manage internal resources and customer expectations to support project deployments. Railroads deployment experience is a plus.