Progress Rail Services Corp. Field Service Representative - Railway in Ft. Worth, Texas
Auto req ID: 3540BR
Posting Title: Field Service Representative - Railway
Job Category: Service
City: Ft. Worth
Alternative Work Location: Texas or Oklahoma
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Field Service Representative will provide direct service and support to customers in the Texas - Oklahoma and surrounding region. Field service work will be on heavy construction equipment used to maintain railroad track (regulators and tie cranes), and large rubber tired equipment used to maintain power line right of ways (tree trimmers and brush cutters).
Key Job Elements
• Commission new equipment at time of delivery to customers;
• Training operators/mechanics on the proper operation and maintenance of Kershaw machines;
• Fulfill warranty service and other field service requested by
• Provide support for Sales, Engineering and Quality departments with feedback on customer needs, response to new equipment and service related issues;
• Look for additional opportunities to grow the business when speaking with customers;
• Interface directly with the customer and other PRS employees;
• Read schematics;
• Ability to market parts and equipment to the customer;
• Assist customers in troubleshooting machine issues;
• Possess a valid Class A driver's license with air brake
• Excellent communication skills;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Able to work with limited supervision in diverse environmental conditions.
Education / Training
• High School Graduate or equivalent;
• Associate level degree preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3-5 years experience as a mechanic familiar with heavy construction equipment;
• Must have hands on hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical experience and troubleshooting skills;
• Must be able to weld and cut steel with torch or plasma;
• Must possess a valid driver's license, some work will require travel by air plane;
• Valid passport is a plus – 90% of all work in US;
• Must be able to read schematics;
• Computer literate and able to complete service reports and
access technical information as required.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities