Progress Rail Services Corp. Maintenance Mechanic II in Henderson, Nevada
Auto req ID: 3813BR
Posting Title: Maintenance Mechanic II
Job Category: Hourly/Skilled Trades
Alternative Work Location: Nevada
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
A Maintenance Mechanic II maintains production and quality by ensuring safe and proper operation and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment needed to accomplish the production required of the plant.
Key Job Elements
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PR safety policies including lock out tag out, fall protection, confined spaces, etc.;
• Perform mechanical, electric and hydraulic troubleshooting and repairs to all shop and office equipment;
• Assist with preventative maintenance programs to prevent equipment downtime including forklift and crane maintenance and repair;
• Perform all major mechanical, electric and hydraulic troubleshooting and repairs to all shop equipment including mills, lathes, grinders, conveyor belts, overhead hoists, gear boxes and welding equipment;
• Working all hand, electric and air tools, and welding equipment;
• Grounds repair and housekeeping for the yard, parking lot, and production departments;
• Accurately processing work orders and paperwork;
• Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or Equivalent Required; Associate’s degree or equivalent from a 2 year college or technical school preferred;
• 3-5 years of mechanical experience required in a machine shop with electrical, industrial, production and/or heavy equipment troubleshooting and repair.
Qualifications and Experience
• Capable of quick analyze and ability to solve maintenance issues;
• Proficient with PC Applications including Microsoft Office;
• Work around overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, dirt, railroad tracks);
• Constant standing, walking;
• Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching;
• Push/pull up to 150 lbs;
• Carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Non-temperature-controlled facility;
• Work in all weather conditions, including outside in 0-100 degree F;
• High noise levels (above 85 decibels);
• High levels of dust;
• Occasional computer work;
• Communication by email, telephone & radio;
• Travel on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, stairs, platforms, equipment);
• Frequent standing, walking.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities