Progress Rail Services Corp. Production Mechanic II in Henderson, Nevada
Auto req ID: 3753BR
Posting Title: Production Mechanic II
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Henderson shop
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
A Production Mechanic II performs preventative maintenance on locomotive motors in accordance with AAR, customer specifications, company guidelines and checklists
Key Job Elements
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PR safety policies;
• Inspect, maintain, trouble shoot, diagnose and repair locomotive motors;
• Qualify mechanical devices in operation;
• Perform teardown, repair, replacement, rebuild, re-assembly, installation, adjustment, alignment, and lubrication activities on mechanical equipment;
• Measure with micrometers and other precision tools;
• Operate overhead cranes and forklifts;
• Consistently complete production-related documents legibly without error;
• Follow Quality Work Instructions consistently;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Non-temperature-controlled facility;
• Work in all weather conditions, including outside in 0-100 degree F;
• High noise levels (above 85 decibels);
• High levels of dust;
• Travel on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, stairs, platforms, equipment);
• Frequent standing, walking.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or equivalent required;
• 3-5 years of mechanical experienced required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Locomotive Electric Traction Motor experience a PLUS;
• Read precision instruments and gauges;
• Capable use of hands and power tools, including pneumatic tools;
• Work around overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, dirt, railroad tracks);
• Constant standing, walking;
• Frequent bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching;
• Push/pull up to 150 lbs;
• Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities