Progress Rail Services Corp. LMC Analyst in Homewood, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3547BR
Posting Title: LMC Analyst
Job Category: Service
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for effectively overseeing the troubleshooting and repair of all mechanical and electrical systems of a locomotive. Work directly with customers and their employees. Work involves considerable amount of creativity, perception, and initiative with wide latitude for independent action.
Key Job Elements
• Remotely monitor locomotives for issues which could impact performance
• Create troubleshooting procedures based on issues observed while monitoring of locomotives
• Communicate troubleshooting procedures to internal and external customer
• Create Predictive Maintenance rules to identify locomotive issues which could impact locomotive operations
• Analyze fleet fault trends and participate in engineering root cause investigations
• Provide locomotive troubleshooting direction to internal and external customer
• Coordinate and consult with a variety of departments, such as design engineering, reliability, field service and contract maintenance to gather information to address locomotive failures
• Travel as required to perform field problem investigation
Participate in customer conference calls to provide daily troubleshooting feedback and monthly performance reports
• Generate department metrics report outs from MS Excel and MS Access data
Education / Training
• Associates degree or equivalent experience.
• College Degree.
Qualifications and Experience
• BSE, BS Engineering, Electrical preferred
• 3+ years field experience with PRL locomotives, preference given to time with current production models, both North America and Export
• Experience with MS Excel Macros and Visual Basic Programming
Additional Candidate Qualifications:
• High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
• Citrix Experience
• Understanding of field service, contract maintenance, and design engineering processes
• Good oral and written communication skills
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Willingness to relocate;
• Ability to work as a part of a multi shift seven (7) day a week operation.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities