Progress Rail Services Corp. Business Development Representative - Oil & Gas in Houston, Texas
Auto req ID: 3728BR
Posting Title: Business Development Representative - Oil & Gas
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Alternative Work Location: Remote - Houston, TX
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Ultrasonics Technology (UIT), a division of Progress Rail Services Corporation (PRSC) - a Caterpillar company is seeking highly effective Business Development Manager to build traction and grow sales in Oil & Gas industry sector.
Oil & Gas industry is a key strategic target for strong, sustained, long-term growth. We are looking for outstanding candidates who are committed to excellence to join our growing team. Position is located in Houston, TX, but will expect to travel to develop market opportunities.
UIT is a portable, proven, patented technology that dramatically extends the life of metal structures and components, reduces downtime and increases customers’ return on investment. Process is proven and accepted in various codes and is gaining traction in Oil & Gas with several highly successful case studies in the industry.
Bring an aggressive, hard charging approach to sourcing new sales opportunities across Energy, Oil & Gas, and heavy industry, through outbound cold calls and inbound lead follow-up.
Key Job Elements
• Must possess strong network of senior level client contacts and key decision makers in Oil & Gas industry (primary initial targets are upstream, but midstream and downstream opportunities abound);
• Expertise in sales processes and sales operations, including goal setting and sales forecasting;
• Build and maintain business with strategic customer accounts;
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills – must demonstrate proven ability to communicate effectively and build trust with senior executives, engineering staff and purchasing personnel;
• Energetic, hard-working, self-starter;
• Entrepreneurial mindset;
• Comfort with and expertise in communicating technical subjects (you don’t have to be an engineer, but you need to be able to communicate with one);
• Ability to develop effective sales strategy and sales plan that optimizes resources and time available;
• Perform technical product sales presentations to all levels of customers, to include: C-level executives, engineering, maintenance and purchasing;
• Assist in negotiation of Master Service Agreements and commercial issues involved in purchasing process;
• Work closely with inside sales group to develop best quotation strategies;
• Assist in negotiation of commercial issues involved in purchasing process;
• Collaborate with engineering and technical personnel to close business.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree – commerce related field or relevant technical field.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3+ years’ experience selling technical products in Oil & Gas;
• Proven track record of sales growth, account management and collaboration with engineering / project management;
• Expertise in MS Office programs to include: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities