Progress Rail Services Corp. Heavy Equipment Operator (Mobile Operations) in Houston, Texas
Auto req ID: 3942BR
Posting Title: Heavy Equipment Operator (Mobile Operations)
Job Category: Hourly/Skilled Trades
Alternative Work Location: Mobile Crew Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Equipment Operator will perform a variety of skilled or semi-skilled tasks involving the operation, servicing, and maintenance of heavy equipment. This position is predominantly a traveling position. Candidate will work away from home on a weekly basis.
Key Job Elements
• Move, process, stage, load, assist in the production of Recycled parts and metals using equipment such as a mobile shear/excavator and front-end loaders;
• Direct and coordinate daily production and safety on job-site;
• Perform routine inspection, maintenance, and clean up;
• Work outdoors in all weather conditions;
• Organize, plan, and prioritize work tasks.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or Equivalent - Required
• Heavy Equipment Certification – Preferred
• Class A CDL - Preferred
Qualifications and Experience
• Excavator / Track Hoe Experience Required
• Background experience in safely operating heavy equipment;
• Railroad or Industrial Labor Experience Preferred;
• Inspection of heavy equipment;
• General maintenance knowledge of mobile track equipment;
• Good organizational and supervisory skills.
• Travel away from home on a weekly or more basis
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities