Progress Rail Services Corp. Manufacturing/Production Test Technician in Independence, Missouri
Auto req ID: 4227BR
Posting Title: Manufacturing/Production Test Technician
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsibilities include all aspects of supporting the manufacture, test, and shipment of train inspection and data acquisition equipment for the railroad industry. Included is the labor required to wire, assemble, and test train inspection equipment. Additional duties include all activities required to support production including shipping, receiving, packing, picking, and inventory control.
Key Job Elements
• Follow engineering drawings for final assembly high tech electro-mechanical devices;
• Follow engineering drawings for wiring electronic equipment and electrical diagrams;
• Work with inventory management during the manufacture and repair process;
• Work with production and quality teams to meet safety, performance, and quality metrics;
• Support repair line and production work.
Education / Training
• Minimum of 2 years experience in railroad industry and manufacturing/test operations.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in electronics, electrical, and electro-mechanical assembly;
• Experience in Railroad Train Inspection products a plus;
• Must have a good sense of urgency;
• Ability to operate tools such as forklift, air tools, power tools, crimpers, solder, etc.;
• Ability and willingness to comply with all safety-related initiatives;
• Ability to work safely and avoid hazardous behaviors;
• Willingness to work overtime as required;
• Ability to learn and comply with quality practices;
• Proven track record of success in a culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
Preferred Experience with Test Equipment including:
• Multi meters;
• DC Power Supply;
• Emulation Software (Procom/HyperTerminal/Teraterm/etc.);
• Fundamental Electronic Concepts;
• Custom Test Equipment.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities