Progress Rail Services Corp. National Sales Director, Signaling in Independence, Missouri
Auto req ID: 4242BR
Posting Title: National Sales Director, Signaling
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Location options: Jacksonville FL, Kansas City MO, LaGrange IL or Louisville KY.
The company seeks a National Sales Manager for our Signal Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of geographically diverse sales personnel and also responsible for specific customer accounts. The National Sales Manager position will offer additional incentives for meeting sales plans and company financial goals.
Key Job Elements
The National Sales Manager is responsible for PRS Signal Division product and service sales. This includes sales of wayside signal structures, highway crossings, signal engineering and design, train inspection systems, data acquisition products, carborne products, and transit-related products/services.
The successful candidate responsibilities include:
• Working with the business segment leaders, establish annual sales targets and metrics;
• Develop yearly sales plan and 3-year projection plans;
• Develop sales strategies for each major business sector consistent with Division goals;
• Drives a coherent sales strategy for each customer;
• Develop sales strategy for rapidly increasing Transit sales/bid opportunities;
• Establish specific goals and metrics for the sales team and monitor/track performance against these goals;
• Hire, develop, and manage a team of sales professionals;
• Develop and manage the budget for the sales team;
• Develop and maintain customer relationships at all levels to obtain marketing intelligence of current and future customer plans;
• Meet with customers and attend industry events to represent the Signal Division;
• Develop and communicate customer quotes, proposals, and long term contracts;
• Manage the pipeline of all sales opportunities and ensure the sales team is working to close them;
• Identify and develop strategic partnerships to work with on signaling opportunities;
• Communicate to customers quality, product improvement, new product development updates;
• Work with engineering and product management to meet customer requirements and future solutions;
• Understand industry dynamics, market trends, and help set company priorities;
• Provide basis for and support of materials forecast to meet customer expectations;
• Expertise in establishing value-based pricing along with competitor and market based realities;
• Support the business strategic operating plan, end of month and end of quarter goals;
• Support post-sales activities including product delivery, customer follow-up, and invoice collection.
• Proven track record of growing a business in the rail industry;
• Strong industry understanding and relationships with major customer account;
• Develop and initiate sales strategies to ensure achievement of sales objectives (short and long-term);
• Ability to work in a matrixed organization.
• Strong knowledge of North American signaling technologies (freight and transit) and working knowledge of global signaling technologies;
• Experience with commercializing new products, from initial market demand through life cycle of product rollout;
• Understanding key technology drivers from the customers’ perspective.
Education / Training
• Relevant post-secondary education from an accredited University (technical and/or business courses).
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 3 years experience leading a sales team;
• Minimum of 10 years experience in business to business customer sales and/or sales support;
• Minimum of 10 years experience with railroad signaling products, with preference in transit, highway crossing and wayside signal products/services;
• Must have a strong sense of urgency;
• Strong interpersonal skills required, particularly in written and oral communications, presenting ideas, influence, and promoting teamwork;
• Proven track record of success in a culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance;
• Domestic travel and occasional international travel required.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities