Progress Rail Services Corp. Maintenance Mechanic in Jackson, South Carolina
Auto req ID: 3589BR
Posting Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Category: Hourly/Production
State: South Carolina
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company, is one of the largest integrated and diversified suppliers of railroad and transit system products and services worldwide. With the acquisition of Electro-Motive Diesel (EMD), we are the world's largest builder of diesel-electric locomotives for all commercial railroad applications including freight, intercity passenger, commuter, switching, industrial and mining. EMD is also a global provider of diesel power engines for marine propulsion, offshore and land based oil well drilling rigs and stationary power generation.
We are a premier employer within the rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Europe, we are continually expanding our footprint. Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail and Electro-Motive Diesel, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to our people.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com .
• Troubleshoot and maintain PLC, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems on production machines and/or buildings and facilities;
• Perform Unplanned, Planned, and Preventative and Predictive Maintenance activities as required;
• Utilize Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to document: Work Order Tasks, Repairs, Inventory and Spare Parts utilization;
• Perform Arc and MIG Welding, Abrasive and Acetylene Metal Cutting and Fabricating to repair and maintain machines, equipment and facilities.
Key Job Elements
• This is for a second shift or weekend shift position;
• 4 day work week with 10 to 12 hour shifts, but could vary depending on demand.
• Salary based on experience.
Education / Training
• Associates Degree or Trade Certificate in a technical field is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of 12 months of experience as a mechanical and/or electrical technician in a high volume production facility is desired;
• Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude;
• Ability to troubleshoot and perform minor electrical repairs and conduit installations;
• Ability to read and utilize precision instruments, gauges and electrical multi-meters;
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings, procedures and work instructions;
• Capable and safe use of hand and power tools, including pneumatic tools;
• PLC experience is a plus;
• Welding and metal fabrication experience is preferred.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and Electro-Motive Diesel (EMD) offers an excellent total compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. (Position employment status may affect benefits eligibility.) Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled